Saturday, December 19, 2009

New city, new job, new blog...

I decided to start blogging again, now that I've somewhat settled down in Helsinki, and hopefully I'll be able to keep some regularity in the postings this time. Picture is from Snellmaninkatu, near my apartment at about 14:00 yesterday.

It's been an interesting year; moving to Finland, working for Nokia, speaking at this years X Developers Conference and Maemo Summit.

Maemo Summit was arguably the most interesting since I was giving a demo of an early version of Quake 3 running on the N900 (also another video.) The whole thing started from a weekend project after chatting to Phil Carmody, who wrote the touchscreen and accelerometer kernel drivers. Actually it ended up turning into a several weekend project, but I digress; funny what happens when engineers get bored after work...

Currently I'm working on fixing two XreaL bugs with projected lights; I did a quick patch for the first issue but the second one is being more troublesome; Robert will probably get that before I do, and when it's 05:30 in the morning, maybe it's time to call it quits for the day.

Although, tomorrow might see the N900 getting more of a workout than Quake 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment